Thesis Statement Examples
A thesis statement is usually one sentence that tells the main point of your piece of writing-research paper, essay, etc.
The thesis statement is then "proven" throughout the paper with supporting evidence.
When learning to write thesis statements, you may be taught to write a three-pronged thesis statement. This is a sentence that includes three reasons to support the thesis.
Example of Three-Pronged Thesis Statements:
1. We should wear school uniforms because they would help reduce discipline, be cheaper than other clothing, and help create school pride.
2. Zoos should be banned because animals need to remain in the wild, zoos cannot provide natural experiences for animals, and animals in zoos get sick and die.
1. The moral of this novel is that love always wins. (The essay would present evidence and reasons to support that this is the moral of the novel.)
2. Those running for President should be held to a higher standard of ethical behavior. (The essay would present evidence and reasons to support why those running for President should have higher standards for ethical behavior.)
3. The vaccine created by our team of researchers is promising in the fight against the virus. (The research paper would present evidence and reasons why the vaccine might work against the virus.)
Striped rocket frog Facts
Elizabeth Blackwell Facts
Leprechaun in Late Winter Quiz
Wetland Biome Facts
Adverb Clauses Examples
To Kill a Mockingbird Chapters 8-11 Summary
Mantis shrimp Facts