Appositive Phrases Examples
Remember that a phrase is a group of related words in a sentence. They function as a unit. An appositive phrase is a noun or a noun phrase that renames a noun in the sentence. It typically renames a noun that comes just before it in the sentence.
My sister Anna likes to eat chocolate ice cream.
Alex, the tallest boy in our class, is going to hold the flag at graduation.
Courtney, the girl wearing the blue sweater, has a letter for you.
1. Mrs. Nix, my favorite teacher, is out today because she is sick. __________
2. Do you know my best friend Marco? __________
3. Let's watch this movie, the one about the elephant. __________
1. Mrs. Nix, my favorite teacher, is out today because she is sick. _____Mrs. Nix____
2. Do you know my best friend Marco? ___Marco_______
3. Let's watch this movie, the one about the elephant. _movie_______
Literary Terms Examples
Types of Phrases Examples
Grammar Examples for Kids
Essential and Nonessential Adjective Clauses Examples
Indirect Object Examples
Phrase or Clause Quiz
Nouns of Direct Address Examples